28. Make sentences about the people.
- Mr Nelson is an architect. He has built some modem cottages.
- Mr Kirk is a baker. He has become famous for his wonderful bread.
- Nelly is fond of painting. She has drawn funny pictures of animals.
- Jack is a postman. He has brought me so many letters and magazines.
- Angela is bad at mathematics. She has not learnt how to add well.
- Steve is so ill now. He has not felt so bad since the operation.
Exercise ex. 5 page 46
Last summer Mike’s elder brother had a very interesting voyage. He went to New York by sea. He travelled on board the ship. The weather was fantasting. The sky was blue. There was no wind. All the passengers enjoyed the voyage. My trip was not very expensive as it was Tourist class. I had a single ticket as I wanted to get back to London by plane.
What are the seven wonders of the world?
- The Great Pyramid of Giza
- The Lighthouse of Alexandria
- The Colossus of Rhodes
- The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
- The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
- The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
- The Hanging Gardens of Babylon.
Curling, a game similar to lawn bowls but played on ice. Players slide stones on a sheet of ice towards a target area which is segmented into four concentric circles. Two teams of four players participate in a curling match. Читать далее
My native town is Yerevan. It is capital and largest city of the Republic of Armenia. The symbol of Yerevan is Mount Ararat, which is visible from any area in the capital. The history of Yerevan dates back to the 8th century BC, with the founding of the fortress of Erebuni in 782 BC by king Argishti I. Читать далее